Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Imitation: 7 P.M., Thursday, August 25, 2005; Blood Dazzler p. 5

Original:

I see

                    what this language does

and taste

                    soil on my tongue

and feel

                    brick splintering spine

and hear

                    them

and want it

                   all


Imitation:

I see

                  the art of sand as inhabitants hurdle through the castle gates

and taste

                  the tingle of refreshment as ice touches the tongue

and feel

                  the blistering rays as they penetrate the skin

and hear

                 the crash of the shoreline as sand and bodies are swept into the lake

and I want it

                 forever



Description: I decided to take a different approach to place as I decided to describe a positive rather than the negatives Patricia Smith uses by using similar language found in her poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment